Re: [IP] Pump approval right after dx?

On Sat, 5 Feb 2000, John M. Cahill wrote:

> My question is:   How soon after diagnosis can a child (3 - almost 4yrs old)
> go on the pump?
Considering that THE youngest pumper started at 5 weeks old, she clearly
didn't wait very long. We have a youngster about 2 on the list that
started at 13 months. My daughter started 5 months after diagnosis, it
took me 2 months to hear about pumps to begin with and until November (4
months after dx) to find a pump doc. --- so total of 1 month from finding
the doc to getting the pump ( another 1.5 years to get it paid for ).