Re: [IP] glucose tabs humorous story

> He said he was hungry and wanted to know if he could
have a couple.
> He said they were great,
> just like giant sweet-tarts. Well, needless to say, any
time I work a spot
> call with Mike now, I bring a few extra tablets for him
because he'll
> always ask if I have any extra of those giant
sweet-tarts.

Wasn't it true that originally, they were intentionally
made to taste chalky and bad, so that dm'ers would not be
tempted to snack?  At least that's what I was told by a
pharmacist and they do seem to taste much better than they
did originally, especially with the flavors.  How long
have they been available.  I don't seem to remember them
from my original diagnosis ('66).

--
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted