Re: [IP] Re: kids and diabetes feelings-LONG

I'm so glad your children are feeling so positive.  Matt has some very bad
bouts with "hating" this disease. Now keep in mind, when first diagnosed 1yr
ago, while in the hospital he did say he was glad they found out what was
wrong with him. But sometimes it just gets to him in a big way!  I wasn't
going to post about this, but this list has been so extremely helpful and
understanding. Matt's mood swings were enormous when first diagnosed, and
while having a bad day, he would literally throw a fit and yell and scream,
he hated his life, he wanted to die. Now hearing this from your child is very
upsetting as you all can imagine. I spoke with Matt often after he calmed
down, and his opionion did change. However just two weeks ago, getting angry
because i was saying "no" to something else, cause of diabetes, he threw
another fit, and once again, hated his life and wished to be dead!  Now, mind
you, this probably sounds like a spoiled child, just trying to get back at
mommy, but i cannot ignore this. I'm posting because i know there has to be
someone else out there possibly dealing with this situation and would like
advice. Matt once again has been spoken to and his opionion has changed. Do
you think he's just saying this out of anger?  Any suggestions or comments