Re: [IP] Making Humalog

Humalog is a human insulin analog made using recombinant DNA technology.
What they do, I think, is take the gene that produces regular human insulin
and rearrange some of the elements.  The Lilly site says that the amino acid
at position 28 (lysine) and the one at position 29 (PRO--I don't remember
what that stands for; no bio books available) are reversed.  Then they add
that gene to some E-Coli bacteria they keep in vitro, which subsequently
produces Humalog.  I have no idea how they harvest it.

What I remember from High School, for what it's worth...