Re: [IP] Kinky Canulas?

This is one of those things that you figure out *after* the fact :-)

It's usually obvious once you remove the old set - you might notice a sharp
bend in the cannula, or a spot in the cannula where it all of a sudden
takes a turn in the opposite direction from the rest of the cannula.
Ideally, the cannula should be fairly straight when you remove it.

I just removed a cannula after a stubborn unexplained high. When I looked
at it from the side, I noticed the cannula took a bend toward the "surface"
of the set. I can picture the cannula under the skin, taking a rather sharp
curve toward the skin surface, rather than continuing into the sub
cutaneous layer, where it belongs. Insulin is not infused well in the
dermal layer, so this explains (at least in part) why my BGs were a bit whacky.

Bob Burnett
mailto:email @ redacted