RE: [IP] "Automatic Off" setting on MM

As I recall from my days with the MiniMed 506, the "Auto Off Feature" will:

1)  Alarm after X hours have passed with no buttons being pressed. The time
interval is programmed by the user.

2)  Pump will then shut off until the alarm is cleared and the pump
returned to "run" mode.

I used this feature when I traveled overnight by myself. I'd set the "auto
off" feature to alarm after 10 hours, for example. I figured if I did not
wake at my normal time, due to a hypo, the pump would alarm, then shut
itself off.

I forgot I had this feature turned on once ... I was doing overnight basal
tests.  I hadn't bolused since dinner the previous night. No breakfast, no
button pushing. On my way to the office, on the Thruway at 70 miles per
hour, the "auto off" alarmed. A bit of a juggling match to get things
settled again, but it worked as designed.

Bob Burnett
mailto:email @ redacted