Re: [IP] New In Charge Meter

I spoke with the reps from the company during a recent Diabetes conference
in my area. The LXN In Charge meter was indeed, priced competitively, but
everyone from LXN admitted that the strips were tricky to get.

It sounded like most insurance companies do not yet directly reimburse for
strips for this meter. The reps stated that the strips could only be
obtained directly from LXN, though they were actively chasing insurance
providers. It sounded like most people purchase the strips from LXN, then
submit a claim to their insurance provider. To me, that changes the cost of
strips considerably. I'd need to pay a 20% co-pay for the LXN strips,
compared to *NO* co-pay for any other strip I've used (all AccuCheck
products, LifeScan, Bayer, Precision, etc).

This may change in time as the meter sees wider distribution, but it's
worth noting now.