re: [IP] low sugars

Why disconnect?  The basal insulin being pumped at the time of the low is
not going to be peaking for 2 hours, at which time sugars are usually back
to normally, even above normal.. and that's when you need the insulin!
I know someone who even ups her basal rate right after a low, accounting
for the counterregulatory response of the body to a low blood glucose.

Eating a larger snack sounds like the solution to me, and it doesn't
defeat the purpose of a pump.  Eating snacks every day at a certain time
as if one were on NPH defeats the purpose of a pump.  But what you're
doing is treating a low, and that you have to do, pump or no pump.