Re: [IP] low sugars

In a message dated 02/02/2000 8:28:58 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Does anyone
 need to eat a larger snack for a low? If i did then maybe it wouldnt stay
 but I feel I am defeating the purpose of a pump. >>

Sounds like you've got a better handle on this than your doctor.  Of course
if you're too low you'll need to correct that instance with tabs (or
whatever), but if you're consistently having a low at the same time of day,
then its a basal decrease you need and not a "bigger snack" or any snack.
You're absolutely right, the idea is that you don't have to eat unless you
want to while pumping.  When I think I may need a basal change, my last one
was to lower in the afternoon a few hours before dinner because I was going
low then, I've tried a temp basal for a few days during those hours to see
how it goes before I lower them permanently (as if anything was ever really

Trust your instincts, you're right!