RE: [IP] Re: Butt Sites

I have a bit more padding than I should, so I don't notice the site in my
butt.  The only problem I have is that I can't do my sites, so I have
trained my husband to do my sites.  He still goofs some times with the
tubing/tape/etc.  It does hurt a little more, but I think that is because he
is doing the insert and not me (physchological).  That's the only
inconvenience I have.  I use sof-sets.

Ellen Compell (31) - Type II (insulin only)
MiniMed 507C since 1998

This may sound like a silly question, but for those who use butt sites, I
was just wondering, when you sit down, like in a car or something, can you
feel it any more than when in your ab?  Anyone out there who uses sof sets
in their rears, or is there a certain kind of set you need to use?  My abs
are getting a bit shabby and I know that after a while of this I will need
to look for more spots to use.  Do you insert them yourself?  Is it
difficult to work the tape in that location?  When I insert in my abs it
rarely hurts, does it more often hurt in butt insertions?  Thanks for
answers in advance...mainly I guess I just need a bit of reassurance.