[IP] Help Wanted... Insulin Pumpers

Dear members:

In order to make these mail lists work, we have a small group of volunteers
that do a lot of the "behind the scenes" stuff. The Insulin Pumpers list
membership is still growing and we now need some more volunteers to help
share the load.

The administrative duties are rotated among the volunteers for a week at a
time. When your turn comes up, you will handle the approvals of new
profiles, subscribing new members, handling various questions and problems
from pumpers about how the list works. We have our own administrative email
list where we actively help each other with questions, problems and policy,
so you'll never be out there alone.

Being an admin will require about an hour or two of your time each day, for
the week when your turn comes up. This will be typically every 6 weeks,
depending on how many of us there are. We have two separate duty shifts so
that approximately every 6 weeks you'll rotate among the two jobs. We will
take care of training you and helping you along until you feel comfortable
with both jobs.

1. You must feel very comfortable on your computer, being on-line and
especially with the use of your email program. Eudora and Pegasus work very
well for list management tasks, but other programs, such as AOL, can also
be made to work. You do need to be very comfortable with all the major
features of the email program you use.

2. You must be willing to spend time practicing and learning the procedures
before your first turn comes up. This way you will feel confident before it
is your turn.  One of the current admins will assist you with this. You
won't be asked to take a turn until you feel ready and are given the "green

3. You must not be afraid to ask questions, you should work well with
people and enjoy problem solving.

4. A sense of humor is very helpful.

If anyone wants to inquire about helping us, please contact either of our
senior admins privately:

George Lovelace <email @ redacted>
Sam Skopp <email @ redacted>

Sam Skopp