Re: [IP] tend to overeat when low

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000 email @ redacted wrote:

> In a message dated 2/1/00 2:30:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> << so i checked my bg again, just to be sure... (thank goodness!)  it was
>  29!!!!!  what gives????  no symptoms, nothing... >>
> sounds like Kap - meter said 70 - treated low - which was at bedtime, checked
> again in 20 minutes - it was 303..
> checking and double checking lows b4 treating again! And highs b4 doing a
> bolus.
> Just can't trust that meter - except when I know I do it and get a lot of
> blood.
> Endo said that if he had to press on finger to get sample - it would be a
> false reading most likely!
> Only problems we had with pumping is trusting the meter!
> Do u trust your meter?

hmm.... this is a pretty valid concern....  though i trust my fast-take a
good bit... (i'm an easy bleeder... mostly i just have problems
stopping...)  and i rarely end up touching my finger to the strip... too
many years of needing that exact placement of a perfect drip...  i can
hardly do it any other way!  but i'll keep this in mind for the future....
also, what's weird is that both my readings were low, but my first
treatment appeared to do nothing at all.... and the second didn't seem to
do as much as i would expect....  that's the really weird thing.... felt
like all the food was going into a black hole....

Jessica Elena Marder