[IP] total basal amounts-was What am I? :-)

>This also applies to a non insulin resistant type I being within plus or >minus 20% of the calculated number.  (This does assume nothing else is >affecting the BGs.)
>weight in pounds/2.2 pounds per kilogram times 0.5 = basal insulin (+- 20%)

Maybe I am just confused, but I tried this calculation for Shane. The
number I got was more than twice his total daily amount of basal
insulin. (even considering the 20%). In fact it was higher than his
total insulin including boluses.  He is not doing anything (like heavy
exercise) that could be burning up THAT many carbs. Have others found
that this calculation works for them?