[IP] yet another basal question!?

rates.....  It would be really helpful if you sat down with a book
like "Pumping Insulin", and read some of the HOWTO's on our web page,
concerning blood sugar control, setting basal rates and ratios. It is
especially important that you also talk to your doctor, CDE and
others on your medical team.

Insulin Pumpers is here to allow us to share our ideas and solutions
to problems we have encountered in insulin pumping.  The forum is a
place for us to share our personal experiences, not for dispensing
medical advice (which has caused lists to be shut down in the past).
Just so that everyone understands, Insulin Pumpers (and the list)
are prohibited by the Medical Honor Code, to which we subscribe, from
providing medical advice (click on the HON icon at the bottom of the
main web page). So please keep all of this in mind when posting your
questions AND answers to the list. WHY? it's potentially dangerous to
accept medical advise from anyone, except from (maybe "even") your
medical team, without a good understanding of the consequences and
ramifications of using that advise.

The best advise we can give is "educate yourself first".