Re: [IP] Insulin Recall

My pharmacist told me the bottles were recalled about a month ago.  It
certainly explained my daughters unexplainable readings.  I don't know what
else to say.  After all, there had to be a reason why this pharmacist, who
owns 8 pharmacies, would pull all his bottles of Humalog and send them back
to Lily.  As I said, this was 4 weeks ago, maybe give or take a week.  And
it seems there have been so many reports of unsual highs on this list AND
the parents list for the last 2-3 weeks it would seem like a nationwide
thing.  But I don't know.  I just know we got rid of the "bad" bottles after
2 weeks of insane madness and started on a new bottle and things have
smoothed out for us.

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000 11:13:59 EST, email @ redacted wrote:

>  In a message dated 2/1/00 11:05:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>  email @ redacted writes:
>
>  << As far as I know it is an all over the US recall.  So if you have been
>   suffering from unexplainable consistent highs and you received your
bottle
>   of insulin about 4 weeks ago, I would imagine you MIGHT have gotten one
of
>   the bad bottles. >>
>  Nita:
>  Where did you get this information regarding a recall?  I just spoke with
Eli
>  Lilly Company and they said there has not been any recall on any lots of
>  Humalog recently.  Could you give me some additional information?  Many
>  thanks.
>  Lois

Nita
Mom of Jessica, age 7, diagnosed @ 9 months, pumping 1 year