Re: [IP] Sites

I'm the one that leaves it in for a week.  I've been pumping for 12 years and have never had an infection. Lucky I guess.  The very first site I put in hit a blood vessel and it showed blood and my sugar went in the 200's and would't come down lower that that.  My Dr. was so new to the pump too that she didn't know what to tell me.  If the site was comfortable then it worked ok.  At that time I was using the soft sets and  I would put it in and wait half a day with the needle left in it to see if it was going to work.  If it didn't then I would take it out and reinsert the same set somewhere else.  I would wipe it off with alcohol.
I figured I couldn't keep doing this because it took too much time.  So I started leaving them in an extra day and so on until I finally used one for a week.  Sometimes I have to use a little more insulin toward the end of the week.  I also have to refill the reservoir about Wed.  My endo still has a fit,but says it's up to me, if it works why should I try to change you.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as the way to go, but it does work for me.  Sometimes you won't always hurt or have blood in the line, however I have found if it hurts it isn't efficient. It comes out.

I noticed you have had diabetes about two more Years than I have.  How about complications?  Do you work outside the house?  What do you do if you work?