Re: [IP] Sites

Virginia Dutton wrote:
>  Someone said that she keeps her set in for 7 days.
> I have heard that infection occurs if the set is not changed every 2 to
> 3 days but I am willing to try.

Change that to infection MAY occur if the site is left in too long.

How long is too long varies according to the person!

In my case, if I leave it in more than 3 days, I start to get a
foreign-body reaction, which is reddening, swelling, and sometimes a
teeny tiny amount of pus. If I take it out at that point, the reaction
resolves promptly. Which is why I don't consider it an infection.

However, the foreign-body reaction will increase susceptibility to
infection, so it's not a good idea to leave the sets in for a long time
if you get that kind of reaction.

Everyone is different, so what works for me may not work for you, and
vice versa.

You might consider consulting with your CDE and experimenting a little
to find out how YOUR body tolerates the sets.

Good luck!

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted