[IP] Precision Xtra

I agree that the Xtra ketone strips are very hard to open.  I doubt if my 7
year old could do it without help.

A family in our support group is using the Precision Xtra for glucose and
ketones, and winds up accumulating more ketone strips than they can use; so
they let me have their surplus occasionally.  Our nurse educators sometimes
have professional samples from Abbott to give out, too.  I sent my DH down
to their office in the middle of Nora's illness because, although I was
desperate for the ketone strips, I didn't want to pay $70+ for 4 of them
(Walmart's cost of 100 glucose strips + 4 ketone strips.)

BTW, all the kids on pumps at our clinic are given one of these meters
because of the blood ketone testing capability.

Sally, mom of Nora 7, dx 4/98, pump 11/00