[IP] DOES EVERYONE DO THE 3 HOUR/30 RULE?

i just finished reading PUMPING INSULIN by JOHN WALSH and found it very
informative..... i'm wondering if everyone here follows the three-hour rule,
ie, at three hours after bolus, sugar should be within 30 of starting glucose
reading.....
i myself follow that rule, but i've had doctors tell me that it should be at
TWO HOURS following bolus.  i myself still drop after two hours consistently
and humalog, IMO, works consistently for three hours at least in me!!
his book also says that one hour after eating you should be about 40-80
higher than your starting sugar level........ at two hours i always take the
unused insulin rule into account before i even think of doing anything
else...........
it's funny how i figured this out before reading this part of the book and i
kept asking everyone over and over again:  should i go on readings after two
hours or three hours cuz docs kept telling me two hours and i would argue
saying i still drop about 20-30% more of my bolus amount at three hours!
again, for anyone who has never read this book, I STRONGLY ADVISE YOUR
READING IT/PURCHASING IT FOR REFERENCE!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
gina
ps   ED, thanks for all your help.... i'm going to try the three hour thingie
now....LOL