Re: [IP] MASHED POTATOES & HUMALOG PEAK.....LOL

Do you know if he is mixing the H with N or some other longer
acting insulin in the same syringe, by any chance? This
discussion is currently going on on the CWD list and the response
time does change slightly when mixed, from what they are saying
(I think the source of the info was the insert in the humalog box
and/or the PP book.) Some people are injecting the H separately
from the long acting because of this, and they report better
results that way.
Maybe when he is pumping he won't have that problem since it will
be all H.

Hope this helps!
Btw (by the way), LOL means laughing out loud. :)

Sylvia said:
So you guys are saying that in some people Humalog will actually
have a
delayed peak time .  A friend, whose 15 yo son is now looking
into getting
the pump, just switched over to humalog versus regular and the
response time
is almost the same as with regular.  She was asking me about this
the other
night.  They were expecting a faster response time on the
humalog.  How will
that factor in for him when he goes on the pump?

--
little guy due 3/10/01
http://www.geocities.com/southard8/photos.html