[IP] Story about my vision 'changes' : - )

I am not saying that it is funny for the vision changes when/if they happen,
but I feel really stupid about this story and figured that the list would
find some humor in it!

I have always had bad vision...had glasses in first grade...thick as Coke
bottles!  Last Monday, I woke up and put in my contacts...which because of my
poor vision is the very first thing that I do each morning.  things were a
bit blurry, but that is normal for me at 5:30 AM.  When I was driving to
work, things were still blurry.  And throughout the day I kept rubbing my
eyes.  As it got worse, I was crying at work because I was I thinking to
myself 'It's finally got into me eyes.  It took eighteen years.'  Being that
my eyesight is so bad that I put my contacts in first thing in the morning, I
also don't take them out until just before going to bed.  When I opened my
contacs case, imagine my surprise to find a pair of contacts in my case.  I
had mixed up my cases.  I always keep my old pair (I wear daily lenses,) just
in case I tear one, or lose one, etc.  I had put my old contacts in that
morning.  Needless to say I was quite relieved that I would not need to go to
my opthamologist after all!

But on a serious note, I have however been told by one opthamologist about 2
years ago that I indeed had retinopathy.  This was by a Dr. in Indianapolis.
I freaked out.  When I moved back to Cleveland and got a new endo., I told
him of what the opthamologist had told me, he told me to go to a
retinologist, who proceed to dialate my eyes and tell me that he saw nothing
that even closely resembled retinopathy.  This man is the head of opthamology
at the Cleveland Clinic, so I think he knew what he was (or wasn't) seeing.
But to be certain, I went to my old opthamologist who had been taking care of
me for 15 years before I had moved to Indy.  He saw nothing.  Then I accepted
that I did not have retinopathy.

Because of that experience, I will ALWAYS get a second opnion on ANYTHING!!!

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18 years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.
e-mail:    email @ redacted