[IP] 11 days till pumping!

<<Why can't you just give him extra Humalog now to cover additional juice?

Do you remember being 11??  Extra shots, more shots, one more shot - he's had
enough.  Plus, Saturday had been a particularly weird day.  Taking his normal
amounts of insulin, having his regular Sat. activities and reaching a high of
589 and a low of 39!  So of course we had to add extra readings and extra
Humalog to his day.  Not the kind of day that makes him feel very good.  So,
while we wait for the pump, we do what seems to work best.  Find the amount of
insulin that works with MDI, and eat the prescribed amount of carbs with meals
and snacks.  It feels better to feel good, than to have those terrible highs
and rotten lows.

Jocelyn, Mom of Brian