[IP] carb counting/infection at site

I am new to the pump and love it but I am having a lot of trouble carb
cvounting as I work long hours and eat on the run alot. Ive been doing some
educated guessing. Any advice for a beginner?

I also did one site (butt) that got infected. Since I use only my stomach
and haven't had a problem but I imagine I will need to rotate the sites so I
am wondering what the best spots seem to be for all of you. I knew the site
had become infected because my blood sugar was up to over 400. When I took
the site out it was oozing with puss. Pretty scary. Six days later it is
still a small hard mass under the skin. Has this happened to anyone and will
it just disappear or do I need to do something specific?

You can e-mail me directly because I don't read the digests all the time I
never sem to have enough time.

pumping since January 2001
dx 1975
mom to Alex 7, dx 1999 and Anastasia 5, non-d