Re: [IP] Humalog Peak & VERY FRUSTRATED

In a message dated 2/17/01 4:52:45 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Thats because Humalog actually peaks in 2 hours. It *starts* working in 15

what do they mean by 'PEAK"?  i mean, i know what peak means, but all the
books you read, even the pumping insulin one, says that at three hours you
are usually your lowest from your bolus.......... so by peak, do they mean at
two hours it is having it's strongest effect as far as half life goes,
etc.......... i would think peak means when it brings your sugar down the
most, and for me--and maybe just me-- it's usually at three hours....... and
i think that's why they say when you are figuring out your unused insulin to
wait until after the three hours.........
i dont know......... i'm getting frustrated now because it seems like at
nighttime i can give and give and give boluses and my sugar stays over
200...... i dont understand!!!!!!!!!!!
very frustrated,