Re: [IP] Need help with cold weather BG testing

>I live in Minnesota and love to XC-Ski. Since I'm having a tough time this
>winter managing my BG's while I'm skiing, I decided to test at the halfway
>point during my ski outings. Problem is, if it's 12 degrees F., meters don't
>work. I keep my meter and test strips next to my body until just before I
>test. Even so, in the 3-5 minutes it takes to test, my readings seem to be
>way off. EG: I test outside and my BG is 88. If I go inside, it's 286! So,
>I've tried cupping my mouth around the test strip right after I apply the
>blood sample. BG is now 356! Any ideas/suggestions on how to alter my
>testing methods for skiing?
>Thanks, Kathy

I face the same problem as you; although it's simply from outside exposure.
June to Sept is the only time i can reliably test when out of the house.
there was a thread on this subject sometime over the last few months.  you
may wish to search the archives for ideas.  As I recall there were no good
ideas other than carrying the meter inside the clothing against the skin.

All the best!

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 2 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!  (To date:  50% improvement in average bg's and 85% fewer hypos)!