Re: [IP] Awesome day!

>Well, tell your opthalmologist that he is wrong, Darrin.  I'm living proof
>and I have previous photographs of my retinas to prove it.  I got
>better--and after two pregnancies, to boot!  When I learned this I was so
>excited I went to tell my endo about it.  As luck would have it, I
>interrupted him while he was writing a lecture he will give to some doctors
>about how diabetes is not necessarily a progressive disease.  That's the
>first time I've ever heard such a thing from a medical professional, but I
>think it's true given my experience.
>With proper care there is no reason for you to slide into blindness or any
>other diabetic complication.  I know that a lot of it has to do with the
>luck of the draw and there's nothing you can do about that. But you can
>improve your luck and sometimes even reverse existing complications by
>being in good control.

Wow Liz!

Again I congratulate you!  I hope your good luck and continued improvemetn

I see here yet again another case of different doctors having entirely
different opinions on Dm related issues.  I know for a fact (as I too have
copies of my photos) that improved bg and bp control slow and in the latest
case since starting the pump reverese my retinopathy.  I wish the medical
establishment would recognise this.

Once again the IP list is worth 1000 doctors and endos.  As far as i'm
concerned; I think we'd all be better off w/o medical personnel in our
lives!  I have only ever met one doctor who was open-minded towards pump
therapy or MDI.  he was a dermatologist.  Go figure!

best of luck and my warmest congrats!

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 2 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!  (To date:  50% improvement in average bg's and 85% fewer hypos)!