Re: [IP] Awesome day!

Well, tell your opthalmologist that he is wrong, Darrin.  I'm living proof
and I have previous photographs of my retinas to prove it.  I got
better--and after two pregnancies, to boot!  When I learned this I was so
excited I went to tell my endo about it.  As luck would have it, I
interrupted him while he was writing a lecture he will give to some doctors
about how diabetes is not necessarily a progressive disease.  That's the
first time I've ever heard such a thing from a medical professional, but I
think it's true given my experience.

With proper care there is no reason for you to slide into blindness or any
other diabetic complication.  I know that a lot of it has to do with the
luck of the draw and there's nothing you can do about that. But you can
improve your luck and sometimes even reverse existing complications by
being in good control.

I wish you the very best,