Ok here goes,
When my bf and I started dating I explained about hypos to him and
how to treat them, what I didn't realize was he didn't quite get it .
We were grocerry shopping on a hot July night . I was sweaty but
blamed it on the heat. The intense headache I put off on the store
which was packed. When I got dizzy it hit me just how low i probably
was. I was getting a bit goofy. Things started getting a bit fuzzy. I
told my bf I needed to eat right now. He told me not now I'm taking
you out to dinner silly. We were next to the milk so I grabbed one of
those little chocolate milks. I opened it and started drinking it. He
started yelling at me for drinking it before paying for it and I
started crying . I spilled some of it and slipped in it. By this
point everyone was looking . A lady asked me if I was ok and helped
me up and someone got a chair . I kept crying about the milk and she
got another for me. She had spotted my bracelet (medic alert). By the
time this was thru my boyfriend felt pretty bad and told me I had
sounded ok until I fell. Now he knows eat now means eat now.

Kayti, who never went back to that store

Sign up for a free About Email account at http://About.com