[IP] Re: Anemia question

I have been anemic for about 15 years.  It started after 20 years of DM.
After doing some tests, my doctor concluded it is "chronic disease anemia."
He says there is no treatment for it unless it really gets bad.  Then the
treatment is injections of erythropoietin.   I also thought it might be due
to my frequent blood testing (8-10 per day).  Lately, I have been taking
Vitron-C (an over-the-counter item) --which is iron plus vitamin C all in one
pill.  It has increased my hematocrit slightly and I feel better too.

-- Tom C.