dauna breiding <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Has anyone tried the take home A1C or have any ideas?

This test is in the waived category, just like our meters, so no physician
oversight or order is necessary.  Like the rapid tests done in doctors'
offices, the precision is also the same as for our meters (approximately +/-
20%).  This test is useful for screening or for determining general trends,
but I think that it would be wise to make sure to have a standard lab HbA1c
done at least once a year.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of my
wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.