[IP] RE:basals

<<We usually started with 25% less for adults, not 25% of the daily total.
Some guidelines for children start with 40% less. If also calculated by wt,
then 0.1 per pound, and the lower of the 2 calculations is a starting point.

Actually, we could both be confusing a few people, so I need to add something
Once the daily total insulin is reduced, then that amount is usually divided
into 50 % for basal, then divided by 24 to get the units per hour. The
remaining 50% is then available for bolus use for food eaten during the day.
Some people using Humalog might need a 40% for basal and 60% for bolus,
or vice-versa. YMMV.
Barbara B.