At 05:41 PM 2/28/1999  Jack Granowski wrote:
>That is much better than what they told me 5 1/2 years ago.  They said
>NO swimming, showering, etc.  I was in the pool for an hour, and that is
>considered 'brief', and I wouldn't have had to immediately jump out and
>disconnect?  When you say 'probably' that would mean there is no chance
>of a problem, or a small chance that someone would be without a pump for
>2-3 days (no replacement)?

5 1/2 years is a long time in pump development. I don't know what the
time-limit in the pool would be, since I don't have any personal experience
to base it on. (Just curious, wouldn't the Disetronic have the same problem
if the rubber plug was not installed?) Also, I don't think it would take
2-3 days to get a MM replacement, if it was damaged... from what I
understand, overnight is pretty typical.

>I have been showering, swimming, etc., for 5 1/2 years everyday with
>absolutely no problems.  If mm can match that, they should really
>advertise it, as that, and a spare, are the major reasons that I have
>seen on this list, and others, that many choose d.

I think that with the development of the quick-release sets, that showering
is a non-issue. It takes less than 2 seconds to disconnect. And, many
people disconnect (or suspend their pump) for swimming anyhow, since their
BGs drop during exercise.