[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #841

> Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 20:52:27 -0800
> From: Sam Skopp <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Nearing a choice
> >Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:54:55 -0500
> >I was at a work party, when all of my coworkers were being thrown in the
> >pool, I would have had to run, hide and take off my pump if I were using
> >an mm.
> Not a problem... the MiniMed probably would have been fine... it is water
> resistant, and is designed to survive brief dunkings.
> Sam

That is much better than what they told me 5 1/2 years ago.  They said
NO swimming, showering, etc.  I was in the pool for an hour, and that is
considered 'brief', and I wouldn't have had to immediately jump out and
disconnect?  When you say 'probably' that would mean there is no chance
of a problem, or a small chance that someone would be without a pump for
2-3 days (no replacement)?

I have been showering, swimming, etc., for 5 1/2 years everyday with
absolutely no problems.  If mm can match that, they should really
advertise it, as that, and a spare, are the major reasons that I have
seen on this list, and others, that many choose d.

As most others have said, most like the features of the pump that they
now have and anyone should choose the pump with the best local support
and that which their own doc recommends.  For me support is a non issue
as in 5 1/2 years I've only needed support once, and that was when I was
in Washington DC for a vacation and support was fine in calling
Minnetonka.  My current doc would rather I had mm, as most of his
patients have them, but that is not enough of a reason to change.

Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
If people are good only because they fear punishment, and
hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
 - Einstein