Re: [IP] Humalog and pregnancy

> The effect of pregnancy on the pharmacokinetics and glucodynamics of
> Humalog has not been studied."
>
> Sounds like a fancy CYA way of saying "We don't know".

I think your right.  To counter this evidence (which looked a bit ominous to
me), the Sweet success program (a national diabetic pregnancy programs with
chapters throughout the country) endorses humalog and claims that with
humalog problems associated with diabetic moms are substantially reduced.
The best I can tell is that this is b/c humalog allows for more exact dosing
and for quicker fixes as doses need adjusting during pregnancy.  Not sure
which set of risks are then the more risky.

Ruth