Re: [IP] Help with Silhouettes, Please?

email @ redacted wrote:
> Hi Everyone:  Basically, I'm afraid of it!  Wanted to insert one this morning,
> sat there and stared at it for 15 minutes and decided to go ahead and try the
> Sof-set QR and yell HELP!  It takes me usually two tries to get the Sof-set in
> a good spot (expensive!) as I don't have much padding.

OK, I've been using them (actually a different brand, same sets though)
for 4.5 years. When I go to place 1 I always touch the tip to my skin
first, then push in JUST the exposed metal needle tip to see if it hurts
BEFORE pushing it all the way in. That keeps me from hitting most sore
situations, since the nerves are largely near the surface.

 MiniMed sent me 6
> Silhouettes to try.  That needle scares me to death!

Just stop thinking about it so much! It tkaes getting used to, but isn't
really any harder than when we first learned to take shots, IMHO.

Ted Quick