Re: [IP] Nearing a choice

>Sam, I agree with your points except # 6.  I have not found that local support
>is essential.  Others may disagree, but I have gotten great support with my
>disetronic pump from Minneapolis, which is 1000 miles away.

Yes, this is definitely a YMWV situation. I threw that one in because a lot
of people are hands-on learners, especially during a time when they are
very anxious about making such a major change in their diabetic treatment.
They really feel better if they have someone physically there to show them
and help them with the initial steps. If this is important to you, then
having local support is vital. After the initial learning curve, the
support from the pump company becomes even more important. We all learn
differently, so base your decision on the issues that are crucial to you.