[IP] Humalog and pregnancy

Richard asked:
>Humalog is the nearly ideal insulin for pumping.  What you write is the
>first I hear about it not being appropriate for pregnant women.
>Do any list members know why?
I'm not totally certain about the "reasoning" behind the recommendation,
but it is clearly stated on Eli Lilly's product literature:

"Special Populations -

Pregnancy -

The effect of pregnancy on the pharmacokinetics and glucodynamics of
Humalog has not been studied."

Sounds like a fancy CYA way of saying "We don't know".