Re: [IP] Nearing a choice

Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:54:55 -0500
From: email @ redacted

>pumps for the same price as 1 from MM.  I have only had two bad experiences with
>my pump - 1.  When I got my supplies for the pump I ordered a 10 pack of
>batteries (gives you 20 batteries).  Each battery is supposed to last on average
>2 months.  When I got to the last 2 packs of the 20 pack each battery lasted
>approx. 2 weeks.  I called D & complained and they sent me 2 packs free.  I was
>without my put for 2 days & I hated it.  Made me appreciate the pump and the
>flexibility it gives me.

It sounds as if your batteries were already pretty old when you put them
in.  They would have been 18 months old.  When my insurance company
wouldn't fill over 4 batteries at a time, I was mad.  When I did get a
full card, and the last ones did not last long, I understood why.
Whenever I get down to 1 battery, I always make sure I replacements.
The batteries are available at most battery stores, for a couple bucks
apiece.  All you have to do is take off the cap on the old ones, and put
them on the new ones.  For awhile my insurance didn't cover batteries
and buying them from d was very expensive.

Does it do any good to store pump batteries in the fridge?

>#2.  I went on a cruise and went swimming when we docked.  I put the tappett in
>my pump to wateproof it and went swimming in the ocean.  Evidently things that
>are waterproof should still not be used in saltwater.  Mine got saltwater in it
>and eventually quit working.  Luckily I had my 2nd pump with me so I didn't have
>any time not on the pump.  I sent the waterlogged pump back to D, they fixed it
>and sent it back - no problem.

I was at a work party, when all of my coworkers were being thrown in the
pool, I would have had to run, hide and take off my pump if I were using
an mm.  I was thrown in with my d, played pool basketball for an hour
and had no problems (although I did lose my wedding band, but found it
in the filter the next day).

>Like everyone else said - get the pump that is right for you.

Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
-- Emo Phillips