Re: [IP] Nearing a choice

> There aren't as many of us Disetronic users, but here it goes.  The
> biggest Disetronic advantage is it's waterproof - great for long
> days at the beach or pool when disconnecting would mean going back
> to shots, or frequent connect /disconnections with a minimed, or a
> sportspack that looks a bit bulky.

This is a common misconception. You can take your pump off for
extended periods of time, particularly with water sports. You lose
tremendous amounts of energy when the skin is in direct contact with
water - so much so that it is sometimes necessary to consume carbo to
maintain normal blood sugars in the absence of insulin. Lily
disconnects for all water sports and beach trips and only re-connects
if she wishes to snack or eat. No "bulky" pump to carry around in her
swim suit. If she sits on the beach in the sun for a long time or
goes to the cabin/campsite/wherever, she will reconnect the set -
which is no big deal anyway.

It is not a productive exercise for users of one pump to knock the
other. Both are fine pieces of equipment and the choice of which to
use is really a matter of personal preference. There is no difference
in utility of one pump vs the other, no matter what the marketing
hype is. Given the choice, I certainly would not repeatedly expose a
several thousand dollar piece of equipment to water (salt or fresh)
unless there were no other choice (there is, disconnect). The water
resistance or water proofness of one pump vs the other is marginal at
best. Both can leak and both are designed to resist damage caused by
in-advertent submersion. Disetronics claim of "waterproof" is really
minimally better than MM's. You wouldn't go skindiving wearing either
without possibly flooding the case.

Truly water proof devices are designed to resist water pressure of at
least 100 feet and usually 100 meters (300+ feet).

Both of these devices are excellent pieces of equipment that perform
their function well. If you individually prefer you buttons and
screens one way vs another, that's fine. Don't knock someone elses
choice. Consider the sharp and pointy alternatives to either pump.