RE: [IP] Nearing a choice

I have both pumps so can compare them:
Disetronic batteries easier to put in. The batteries for Minimed may be
available but we had to go to 3 different stores to find 3 batteries. I have
arthritis so changing MiniMed batteries is more difficult for me

MiniMed backlit screen can only be used in very dark room. I don't find I
really use it as much as I thought I would.

Sqaurewave bolus isn't used as much as I was told I would be using it. So I
have not found that to be an advantage for me. IF the square waves and dual
waves are being used in order to eat foods I shouldn't eat regularly in the
first place then in my opinion that feature defeats the purpose.

I don't understand about what you mean about Disetronic's misleading
of infusion sets.

Disetronic doesn;t click but it makes a little softer sound when delivering.
The click bothers me in the MiniMed

Disetronic is made in Switzerland..Best clock parts in the world PLUS the
company provides 2 pumps..for same cost..I really liked this feature. We have
decided not to get rid of my D pump because when my bgs go too high on the
MiniMed (for which we still do not understand) I put on my D pump.
I really like the D pump and am wondering why my docotr wanted me to switch. I
found out he knows nothing about the Disetronic pump. I wish he would learn so
his patients can make good choices. But he pushes the MiniMed which makes me
wonder if he has financial interest in it..

Actually..pick the pump you like the best fopr you. I would have been happier
if my Disetronic would have been upgraded. I'll save my money and wait to see
what they come out with and go back to the D pump..
Ginny whos BGs were better on the D pump