Re: [IP] It all seems very hard . . .

In a message dated 2/25/99 10:08:10 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< my InBox over the last week I'm getting the impression that this is all
 complicated and time-consuming.  I've also noticed that it's obviously
 worth the
 effort >>

Kate,  It is NOT hard work and it is NOT time consuming.  Once Laura started
pumping the "effort" we put into fruitlessly managing her disease went away.
Before the pump we worked SO hard at bloodsugar control with shots,
coordinating meal plans, watching for insulin peaks, etc.  It was a nightmare
regulating a child and no matter how hard we worked she still had lousy bs
readings that were all over.  Almost from the first day of pumping Laura's
blood sugar readings have leveled out, we put in a fraction of the previous
effort, great reduction in the highs and most especially the lows, and all
around Laura feels sooooo much better.

After a few weeks of pumping she looked at me and said "mommy, I am normal now
- just like all the other kids."   As a mom, that statement said it all!

Good Luck Kate!  I enjoy your newsletter!

Sherri Lynn