Re: [IP] It all seems very hard . . .

>I'm just at the stage of investigating pumps, and from watching the
>messages in
>my InBox over the last week I'm getting the impression that this is all quite
>complicated and time-consuming.  I've also noticed that it's obviously
>worth the
>effort, but am just wondering is it just the beginning that takes a lot of
>dedication?  How long until it's all old hat?

Half the battle is vocabulary. The other half is getting used to the
process. I recall being on this list for 6 weeks before I got my pump last
June. At first all the talk about boluses, basals, reservoirs, infusion
sets, tubing and cannulas seemed pretty intimidating. There also seemed
endless problems discussed here. All in all it seemed pretty scary.

Once you get started, you'll realize that most of it is really not a big
deal. After a few weeks you'll feel like a semi-pro. Once you've inserted
some sets and filled reservoirs a couple of times, you'll easily get the
hang of it... especially if you have some good resource people to help you.
Just take one step at a time and everything will start to fall into place.
Trust me.... we've all been there.

This list is a great resource too... feel free to ask questions as you get
started. You'll get more help then you thought was possible.

(The only dumb question, is the one that is never asked)