Re: [IP] Question about mixing insulin??

email @ redacted wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>         After visiting my endo today (new one), I was explaining to him that the
> potency of the insulin in my pump (Humalog) does not last very long.  I recall
> reading in one of the prior posts that you can mix  the Humalog with another
> insulin.  I asked him about it and he had never heard of such a thing.

Not saurprising, since it seems to have developed here.

If any
> of you could possibly enlighten me on this subject, as to what kind, how much,
> etc., I would be forever grateful from you.  Thanks so much.

Various people here are mixing Humalog with Velosulin in a 5 to 1 ratio, though
some use lower ratios based on what they find suits them. I've seen ratios from
5 to 1 to 1 to 1, though the higher numbers seem more comon.

Myself I use 5 Humallog to 1 R, since I never could see a reason for getting
Velosulin. Both of them appear to work the same for me, and Velosulin is
some extra bother to get.

Ted Quick