[IP] HB2158 mandate on Insurance Companies to pay for Diabetes Educat

Honorable member of the house,
Please take the time to read this.
I am the executive director of a non-profit organization called
INSULIN PUMPERS. Our organization provides information about
diabetes, it's complications and treatment. The single most
significant problem encountered every day for persons with diabetes
is the lack of solid information about the day to day management and
treatment of their condition. Proper management of diabetic care can
avoid or reduce the incidence of blindness, amputations, kidney
disease, and a host of other problems and complications that our
diabetic citizens have visited upon them by this horrendous malady.

Diabetes is a hidden killer and does not seem to be a priority for
government assistance
Aids afflicts 750,000 americans, kills 50,000 annually and has a
federal research budget of $1.5 billion.

Diabetes afflicts 16 million americans, kills 180,000 annyually and
has a federal research budget of only $316 million.

Please help prevent more deaths and complications caused by diabetes.
I encourage you to VOTE YES on HB2158 and provide our citizens with
the knowledge necessary to manage their condition.

Would you like to walk a day in their shoes?

Michael Robinton
Executive Director
Insulin Pumpers