Re: [IP] re: Shift work

At 07:51 PM 2/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I went through med school and residency doing two then three shots a day.
(hubby here)
When my wife was a new nurse, she was working nights and was always in
trouble with her sugars.  In fact, back in 1990, just 6 months after being
married, she had several seizures.  Even after she got off of nights, she
would still have to wake up every morning at 3am to take another shot.  She
was on R,NPH, and UltraLente!  Working shift work is hard on diabetics.
Now she has been on the pump for 2 1/2 years, and doing great.  Of course
now, she is working days (8:30-when she is done) as a CDE and her A1c is in
the 5's!  One of her biggest resistance with the pump was that she thought
that if she went on the pump, that would of meant that she was out of
control.  Now there is my fear.  We had a baby, almost 4 years ago and she
is always talking about how having a pump back then would of made things so
much easier.  Even though she loved her pregnancy(?), Rebekah (our
daughter) was born 3 weeks early at 10.4 pounds!  Now she wants to try it
again with the pump!