Re: [IP] Clicking durning bolus

At 11:27 PM 2/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I am messing around with my 507c using water(not hooked up to me), to try to
>get the user interface down, and I have noticed that my unit clicks while
>delivering a bolus(a very noticeable click)....Is this normal?

Yes, each time it delivers one-tenth of a unit, you will hear it click.  It
will also click whenever your basal is delivered.  At first, it seems like
you are wearing Big Ben on your hip, but after a few days, you get used to
it and the clicking is actually reassuring -- you know your pump is
working.  Try this.... set it to give a bolus and set the pump on a soft
surface (bed, sofa.... not a countertop) and walk away as it is clicking.
Notice that the sound isn't that noticeable unless you are pretty close to
the pump.  Chances are, nobody but you will be aware of the clicks.

Mary Jean