[IP] Water sports

I know its only February, but here in Alabama we are already thinking about going to the lake/pool/beach.  I have the Minimed 507 my doctor loaned me since January, and am waiting on my own 507C (insurance companies!!!).  What do you do about your pump when you are active in watersports?  I know I can take it off (Silhoutte infusion set) for a short swim, but what about longer swims, like snorkling or sailing?  None of the cases I have seen are anything other than water "resistent", which doesn't mean water "proof".
Herbert Newell