[IP] RE: Type 2 interested in insulin pump

>getting information for friend interested in insulin pumps

I am  also a type 2 diabetic interested in going on the insulin pump .   My
first visit to an endocronologist for this was a disaster.  I waited 3 weeks
to get an appt. with this Dr. and after talking with me for a few minutes,
told me he knew nothing about  insulin pumps, but could answer any other
questions I had about diabetes.  What really made me mad was that my M.D. had
specifically written the referral for an insulin pump evaluation.  So, a word
of advice, should your friends Dr. refer him/her to and endocronologist, make
sure he/she knows about insulin pumps.    I am know going through  a diabetes
Center and the process  is going much better.

Here is an article I found on the web :  http://207.156.174.51/article5.html
The title of the article is  INSULIN PUMP THERAPY; A PRACTICAL TOOL FOR
TREATING PEOPLE WITH TYPE 1AND INSULIN REQUIRING TYPE 2 DIABETES.  It was
written by an M.D. and presented at a conference called  TAKING CONTROL OF
YOUR DIABETES 99.  It is packed with excellent information, especially of
insulin pumping  is new to you.  Hope this is helpful.

Good  Luck!
Wendyscats @aol.com