Re: [IP] Disgusted

In a message dated 2/20/1999 11:26:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Hi this is Jim,  I have been back on pump for 9 days , when it is working I
 love it. However I have read on here where some of you change sites every 6
 days , in 9 days I have changed 10 times.
 Any help or advise would be appreciated , sorry to vent but I would love to
 be a pumper, but maybe not meant  for me.
Hi, Jim,

I can really empathize with you. I have been on the pump for a few months and
decided it is a love-hate relationship. When it works great, nothing is better
than it. Then I have a God-awful high blood sugar, moving from the 300's to
400's really quickly, so I know something is up and I need to change the set.
I had the same problem that you are in the beginning. The needle kept coming
out, my bs went sky high, and I spilled ketones.  Made me really wonder if it
would work. It gets better as you work with the alternative types of infusion
sets.  I switched to IV  prep and that seems to hold the set in.  Stay with
it, because all the advantages will really outweigh the disadvantages in the
long run.

Phyllis Dobin