Re: [IP] carb counting

<< Do you count fiber in
 your carb calculations?  This morning for breakfast, I had two soft
 boiled eggs, along with 4 slices of toasted whole grain rye bread with
 butter.  Four slices of the bread are 63.4 Gm Carb and two eggs are 1.2
 Gm carb (according to Corrine Netzer's "Complete Book of Food Counts")
 totals 64.6 Gm Carbs.  I bolused 4, and was hypo an hour later.  >>
unless your protein serving is greater than 4 ounces, you don't need to bolus
for protein, since it digests more slowly and the tail end of the bolus and
the basal rate will usually cover it. Count total grams of CHO. What was your
BG before eating? A low within an hour of the bolus usually indicates too much
for the bolus, or slower absorption of the food in relation to the absorption
of the bolus. Also, have you basal tested? Is your basal rate too high? I
basal is set correctly, then it is likely you gave too much for the meal.
Barbara B.